Monday, March 28, 2011

Kid Friendly Project

No matter how done my kid's rooms look, they are always a work in progress. I adore their rooms, I even love cleaning their rooms!! Go ahead, call me a freak :) Anyway, since I have yet to discover the tree that grows money all my projects for their bedrooms and the rest of my house are super budget friendly.
I saw this clock wall idea a few times but the cheapest clocks I could find were $10.00 each and I just didn't love this project enough to spend  that. Then I found these wall clocks at Target for $3.99 each.. SCORE!! Oh, and they come in silver, pink, green, blue, black, and white. I nabbed 4 of them in silver (wish I got green though!), then a quick stop at Home Depot to have 4 pcs of wood cut to 4.5" in length (I should have gone with 6-7" but I need to let that go and resist the urge to go back and have new ones cut)
My little darling sanded and painted them with chalk board paint that I already had and on the wall they went. Pretty cute huh? He thinks it's very cool and that is all that matters to me!
Oh and the total cost of this little ditty?? $24.00!!! Yeeeee Hawwww!! 


2 comments:

  1. I agree with your son, very cool project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for this cool idea! I found the same clocks at Target and this will make great homeschool project for my kindergartener.

    ReplyDelete